Monday, March 7, 2011

Having MY Say

"The mathematician does not study pure mathematics because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it and he delights in it because it is beautiful." --J.H.Poincare

J.H.Poincare was a mathematician. I came across this quote one day when I was bored in Mr. Fisk's fifth hour physics class. I really really liked it. I even put "and he delights in it because it is beautiful" as my facebook status and as a saved note in my cellphone. I am not really sure why I like it so much but I feel like it gives truth to a lot of things in life. I think that the quote is saying that you do something because you like it, it is beautiful, it is something that you really enjoy. I just really like this quote and I thought it was interesting because it made me think about the actual meaning behind it.

1 comment: