Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gatsby Playlist

I chose Irving Berlin: All Alone Lyrics because it reminds me of Gatsby and his love for Daisy. In the beginning he has to chase Daisy and then he always wonders what she is doing and how she is. The song says that he is "waiting for a ring" and Gatsby is just waiting for Daisy. He loves her and he wants to be there for him like he is for her. 

 I also chose Duke Ellington: It don't Mean a thing. This reminded me of Gatsby because it showed how careless he was. This song just says that life can be free and you can have fun, with things in life still being important. 

The last song I chose was Bert Kalmar: I Wanna Be Loved By You, I chose this because it shows how Tom wants Daisy. Tom knows that Daisy is in love with Gatsby but he still wants her. Tom finds ways to make Daisy upset with Gatsby, but she will always be with him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment