Sunday, September 19, 2010

number two!



So when I imagine Pocahontas, I think of this beautiful young girl with big dreams ahead of her. Now after I read a few biographies about her I just feel bad, she was taken from her family and he dad used her as spy, well that is what we think, and she also wanted to help the colonists but she was put into such a horrible situation.

---The picture on the right is from the movie but it makes you think that Pocahontas and John Smith had a physical relationship but history shows that they were nothing more than friends.


Another thing that I found interesting was that Pocahontas got married to an Indian named Kocoum. Then after she was kidnapped she married John Rolfe and she died while she was still married to him.


---The picture on the left is of Pocahontas and her husband John Rolfe.


"Suddenly a little Indian girl rushed in and took Smith's "head in her arms and laid her owne upon his to save him from death." The girl, Pocahontas, then pulled him to his feet."

---John Smith makes it seem as if him and Pocahontas had a very unique relationship. I don't think that she thought that she was doing anything bad when she tried to save Smith and with her doing this she ended up saving his life and helping the clonists relationship with the Indians.

---The picture on the right, above, is showing Pocahontas saving John Smith. It is a little inaccurate with her age but I still think it is a good example.


Sources:

3 comments:

  1. i like how you used so many pictures it really helps me understand you topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pictures, too. Nice job, Brianna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about Pocahontas, the disney movie really made her something she wasn't. After learning all of this information about her, she went through a rough life, and also I didn't know that she dies on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete